Following the EU referendum, the Institute is holding a series of Post Brexit Planning Workshops to help you look at the possible impact on your existing exports and imports – both immediately and in the longer term – and to help you plan the next steps to take to spread your risks.
The agenda for the workshops will comprise the following:
Managing existing business
- Communicating with existing EU clients/suppliers/partnersReassurance, commitment, informing
- Planning for the future
- Customs clearance, tariffs, free trade deals?
- Impact on EU business
- Impact on non-EU business (free trade agreements)
Looking beyond the EU
- Looking for new markets for your business
- Researching using the internet and visiting a new market
- Market entry planning
- Marketing in different cultures
- Languages and using interpreters or translators
- Trading Blocs, Free Trade Agreements, Customs Unions, and Free Trade Zones
- Understanding the difference between them
- Taking advantage of the above in new and existing markets
- What is origin? why is it important – and how it impacts on your business
Managing future risks
- Mitigating foreign exchange risk
- Short term (during uncertainty)
- Longer term
- What credit risk insurance covers and how to use it
Is your supply chain secure?
- Impact of Brexit on suppliers
- Agreements with suppliers
- Customs procedures, tariffs, duty preferences
- Implications for transport and distribution
Priced at £260 for members and £360 for non-members.
The workshops are an opportunity for you and your team to think through what you want, where you want to go – and how to get there.
To book a place on the workshops, visit http://www.export.org.uk/shop/brexit-workshop
NOTE: This workshop can also be delivered in-house at your company’s own premises. Contact us for details.