Africa House London has launched the ‘Africa for Growth’ initiative to support UK businesses seeking to establish commercial relationships in Africa – and for African counterparts looking to trade with them.
Africa House London is a social enterprise established to promote direct trade between the UK and Africa. Its ‘Africa for Growth’ programme has been specifically designed to boost bilateral trade and meet the growing need to access lucrative business opportunities.
The service is accessible via an interactive online platform, where members can network and share thought leadership, analytics and market intelligence.
Our director general, Lesley Batchelor OBE, will be attending the launch event at the House of Commons on 4th February, where she will join other strategic partners from a number of leading global organisations who are also supporting the initiative.
Membership is free and will enable organisations to:
- Connect with thousands of like-minded businesses
- Build relationships with customers and partners
- Develop lucrative trade opportunities in Africa
- Access the most up-to-date market intelligence and trends
- Join live webinars and Q&A’s with experts in the field who will share best practice ideas and knowledge
- Benefit from bilateral trade and investment between the UK and Africa
- Add value to new and existing trade and business relationships
Lesley Batchelor says: “There is a wealth of potential opportunities for UK businesses looking to trade in Africa, with average returns on investment in the past two decades being 16-20% higher than those provided by European and Asian economies.
“Africa for Growth’ will help British firms to tap into this growing market and the IOE are pleased to offer our support to this endeavour.”
Have you considered trading in Africa or expanding your existing business on the continent?