The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship, offered in collaboration with the University of Plymouth, provides employees with the skills and knowledge to operate successfully in international trade without taking time out to study.
Do you aspire to be a successful leader in international trade? Are you looking to progress your management career without the time and expense of studying?
Our Chartered Manager Trade Degree Apprenticeship has been specifically designed to do just that. This fully-funded, work-based degree is a bespoke programme for you and your employer, tailored to meet the crucial knowledge and skills you require to succeed in international trade management.
The apprenticeship is a flexible alternative to traditional study, enabling employees to earn a full honours degree whilst earning a salary and applying learned theory directly to the workplace.
The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship is a four-year course, consisting of a two year Foundation Degree in International Trade plus two year full honours degree with the University of Plymouth.
Comprising three core modules totaling 100 credits, and one elective module of 20 credits.
Suitable for new employees entering into their first management position, as well as aspiring or existing managers already in employment.
There are three enrolments each year - January, May and September.
Based on work experience and/or prior educational qualifications, exemptions for years 1 and 2 of the Degree apprenticeship will be considered. If approved this would require the learner to complete years 3 and 4 only at a cost of £12,000. All applicants must be in full-time employment within an organisation engaged in international trade activities.
The first two years study consists of the modules from the Foundation Degree in International Trade, followed by the modules delivered by the University of Plymouth:
Professional Management Practice (40 credits)
Sales, Marketing and New Technologies (20 credits)
Work Based Research Project (40 credits)
International Trade Policy and Compliance
International Trade Operations and Strategy
International Supply Chain Management
Procurement Management Processes
Procurement and Supply Chain Law
There is a choice of elective modules, the most relevant are considered to be:
End Point Assessment
This is undertaken on successful completion of the degree component. Two types of assessment apply which will include a presentation and an interview with a panel.
When you make an enquiry regarding enrolment onto the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship our experienced education adviser will be able to take you through the study commitment for this qualification.
Each module is completed by means of a written assessment, usually of 3000 to 4000 words, requiring evaluation, analysis and reflection. The learner will be able to apply the learning to their business, and industry sector, making learning outputs more meaningful. Some assessment will be structured around projects, with project scope agreed with learner and employer.
Year 1: £7,500
Year 2: £7,500
Years 3 and 4: £12,000
We can support you in accessing government funding via the apprenticeship levy or provide alternative funding options to minimise up-front cost to your business.
For levy paying organisations. If the annual pay bill of your organisation exceeds £3 million, the apprenticeship training is paid through your levy account.
For non-levy paying organisations. The government will co-fund the apprenticeship training by contributing 90 per cent of the costs whilst you support with the remaining 10 per cent. Government contribution: £10,800; Employer contribution: £1,200
All study is delivered through Supported Distance Learning, comprising:
- Specialist Tutor for every module of learning;
- Online learning campus with written learning materials, presentations, podcasts and virtual lectures;
- Online learning library;
- Regular webinars with tutorials
Quarterly: face to face one day learning in the workplace with an academic tutor who is a subject matter expert
To register your interest in the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship please call 01733 404400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss our qualifications:
Call +44 (0)1733 404400
Why choose an Institute of Export & International Trade qualification?
Our career-boosting qualifications equip students with the professional and academic skills to succeed in international business.