At our recent London World Trade Summit, Trade Finance Global (members and media partners) interviewed Chris Southworth (Secretary General - International Chamber of Commerce UK) and Lesley Batchelor OBE (former Director General – Institute of Export & International Trade), discussing rule changes to Incoterms®2020.
You can watch these interviews below. Topics discussed include:
- What are Incoterms® and why are they important?
- Why are Incoterms® necessary, and why can’t we just use a contract?
- What is the safest way to incorporate Incoterms® 2020 rules into a contract?
- What are the key changes for Incoterms® 2020?
- How should buyers and sellers incorporate Incoterms® into agreements and contracts?
- Why is understanding Incoterms® and training so important for freight forwarders, banks and traders?
- What 3 pieces of advice would you give to buyers and sellers when it comes to Incoterms®
Introduction to Incoterms
Incoterms® 2020 – Origins and History
Incoterms® 2020 – Key Changes
Incoterms® Top Tips
Incoterms® and Brexit
Further reading and support
Trade Finance Global have a provided a very useful guide to Incoterms® 2020, which you can read here.
Our Young President, Arne Mielken, recently blogged about what exporters need to know about the rule changes, which you can read here.
The IOE&IT is an ICC licenced training partner, authorised to provide training on ICC Incoterms® 2020. We provide one-day courses giving a comprehensive overview of the new 2020 version of the rules, outlining the differences from the 2010 version.
The course also enables UK businesses to be much more cost and risk aware when negotiating new business deals, whatever the future international trade environment holds for the UK after Brexit.
For more information, please visit:
You can also order a copy of the Incoterms® 2020 book for £45 (plus p&p). IOE&IT Members can receive a 20% discount and pay just £36 (plus p&p). Order yours now!