The Professional Qualifications department is the primary point of contact for prospective and registered students, centres, colleges and the examination team, and it aims to provide a high standard of customer service.
Customer Service Statement
The Professional Qualifications department seeks to offer customer service which is:
- Consultative, proactive and responsive
All registered students of the Institute will receive the following services from the Professional Qualifications department:
- Accurate information concerning the professional qualifications through the provision of the Professional Qualifications Handbook, past examination papers, marking schemes, specimen answers and examiner’s reports and suggested reading materials
- Support and guidance from both the Professional Qualifications department and also the Academic Board
- Acknowledgment of all enquiries within seven working days of receipt
- Advice regarding the current fee structure of registration and examinations before registration
- Notification of the outcome of registration application within 28 working days of submission
- Impartial information about methods of study for the professional qualification courses
- Publication of the examination dates six months in advance and provision of an exam enrolment form six weeks before the closing date for enrolling
- Release of examination results within 12 weeks of the examination date
- Total confidentiality of personal details and examination results, which will be kept on file for reference purposes, and will only be released in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Details of the Institute's Equal Opportunities Statement, Complaints Procedure and Feedback Procedure
Registered students also receive the following benefits from the Institute:
- Opportunity to attend our host of fantastic networking events
Where complaints are received, irrespective of the cause or nature of the complaint, the Institute undertakes to:
- Treat all complaints extremely seriously.
- Review complaints on individual merit.
- Acknowledge receipt within 5 working days of receipt.
For complaints relating to the services provided by an approved provider:
- The complainant should first exhaust the approved provider's complaint procedure, copying all correspondence to the Professional Qualifications department.
- Where the approved provider's system has not resolved the complaint, the Professional Qualifications department may intervene on behalf of the complainant.
For complaints relating to the work undertaken by the Professional Qualifications department:
- The complainant should contact the Professional Qualifications department in writing within 14 working days of the alleged incident.
- Where complaints are in respect of members of staff, follow the personnel disciplinary procedures, if appropriate.
- For all complaints the department will respond fully or provide a progress report within 28 working days of receiving the complaint.
- For more complex complaints, or those which remain unresolved, the Academic Board will review the complaint and respond appropriately.
Equal Opportunities Statement
The Institute of Export & International Trade is committed to providing equal opportunities as an employer and in the provision of its services. This commitment is carried over into activities within the Academic Board.
The aim of the policy is to ensure that all individuals, with whom the Academic Board has a relationship, receive equal treatment regardless of gender, colour, ethnic or national origin, socio-economic background, disability, sexual orientation, family circumstances or religious or political beliefs.
To obtain a full copy of the policy, please contact the Professional Qualifications department.