***You can now claim government grant funding to cover the full cost of this training course. Find out more***
This Brexit Planning Workshop provides businesses the opportunity to focus on implications for exporting and importing businesses in relation to trade with the European Union member states and also trade with the rest of the world. Businesses involved in the exporting and importing supply chain will also benefit from the workshop.
The workshop addresses key issues arising from Brexit including customs and trade compliance, and the impact on how businesses operate. It is intended to provide exporters and importers with the knowledge to prepare for different Brexit outcomes, in the medium and longer term, and offers a checklist of practical steps to anticipate changes and take advantage of opportunities.
You will now also get access to our 3-hour e-learning course to explain Customs Declaration processes and procedures.
- The exit process and timescale, implications
- Current and future impacts, contingency planning
- Communicating with existing EU clients/suppliers/partners
Anticipating the future
- Customs legislation, clearance, tariffs
- Understanding the importance of the World Trade Organisation
- Regulatory and documentary implications, licences, inspections
- Other factors impacting on trade in services and goods
- The transition phase
Wider implications of Brexit for international trade
- Trading with the rest of the world
- Free Trade Agreements, and origin of goods
- Implications for trade beyond Europe and within
Securing the Supply Chain
- Evaluating transport & logistics issues
- Sourcing implications
- Minimising delay and uncertainty
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
- Supplier contracts
Planning and preparation for exporters and importers
- Risk analysis
- Checklist of factors to consider
- Risk mitigation
Who should attend
This course is applicable to all areas of international trade, to enable companies to be aware of the potential impact the changes may have and the best way to prepare for them.
Member price - £299 + VAT*
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
*Please note that only Associate, Full and Business Members are eligible for this preferential rate.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 15 points
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.
Dates and locations
To discuss our training courses:
Call +44 (0)1733 404400