International customer service plays an important role in a global organisation's ability to generate revenue stream and forms an integral part of the global leadership programmes. A customer service experience can change the entire perception a customer has of the organisation.
The Institute has teamed up with 3CN, a leading cross-cultural risk management company, to develop a unique, flexible and cost-effective one-day course.
The course, which draws on over twenty years of extensive international experience and research, will prepare staff for all stages of dealing with customers from various cultures and answer the following questions:
What are the attitudes to customer service across the globe?
What steps of the customer journey are most important in China, India, Middle East, USA, etc.?
Can you recognize the true customer needs, breaking the language barrier and reading body language?
How do you manage difficult customers and deal with crisis in various cultures?
Who should attend
Export department managers
International account managers
Staff involved in international client service
Shipping and Export Managers
International Sales and Marketing teams
By the end of this programme, attendees will be able to:
1. Manage their international customer service effectively, understand various cultural attitudes to customer service and customer support.
2. Analyse and understand international customer needs, decoding body language, dealing with customers across the language barrier, avoiding the risk of causing offence.
3. Recognise and utilise different, country-specific customer service techniques and the powers of persuasion,
4. Understand culture specific attitudes to: questioning, service expectations, attitude to time and deadlines.
5. Manage misunderstandings and conflicts, deal with emergencies in accordance with national expectations of various cultures.
The Presenter - Anna Shevchenko MPhil
Recognized pioneer in the field of cross-cultural risks, with specialized expertise in the field of international communication and cross-cultural conflicts. Advises Board Directors of FTSE100 companies, international organisations and government departments. Visiting lecturer and invited speaker at universities across the globe, from Australia to Ukraine. Lived and worked in 45 countries, speaks 8 languages. Author of four multi-award winning books and numerous articles. Freeman con causa of the Worshipful Company of World Traders in the City of London. Previously she worked in business development for two major British corporations.
Member price - £299 + VAT*
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
*Please note that only Associate, Full and Business Members are eligible for this preferential rate.