The Institute of Export & International Trade's 'Export Helpline' provides help for any international trade query including:
- Export controls
- Bribery Act
- Customs & VAT procedures
- Tariff classification
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Insurance issues
- Payment terms & letters of credit
- Transport & logistics
- Contract issues & Incoterms
- I have an order, what should I do?
Members of the IOE&IT can access the Export Helpline for free as part of their membership.
Members can CLICK HERE to access the helpline (you will need to be signed in)
If you are a non-member and would like to ask a one-off question to one of our industry experts, you can buy 20 minutes of our experts' time for just £50+VAT. BUY NOW
Once you have paid you will be sent an email with details of how to submit your query. You will receive a response from one of our experts within 48 hours. If your query will take over 20 minutes of our expert's time to answer we will advise you and you will be given the option to purchase 'top up' time.
Please Note: Retired and Overseas memberships do not include free access to the technical help for exporters helpline. Use of the helpline is subject to our terms and conditions.
We have put together a list of some of our most Frequently Asked Questions, with answers, which you can see here
Other Technical Help services
When your business needs more help or advice than we can provide via the helpline, we have a range of services available at very competitive rates.
Available to both members and non-members alike, however members can receive a discount on these services:
- Export Licence assessment and application
- Documentation management and preparation
- Credit risk assessment
- Insurance assessment
- Freight management
- Letters of Credit / Documentary Collection Processing service
- Preparation for customs audit
- Documentation audit
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) assessment
- Export controls analysis
- Market research
- Market selection
- Compliance audit and advice
- Financial planning: working capital / risk assessment
- Product registration
- Payment mechanisms
- Customs procedures: valuation, origin, customs processes (Inward / Outward Processing Relief, ATA Carnets)
- Terms of sale & delivery (Incoterms)
- H.S. (Customs tariff) code classification
If you would like more details on using the Institute’s shipping office or consultancy packages please call +44 (0) 1733 404400.