Excise Duties are indirect taxes on the sale or use of specific products such as petrol and diesel, alcoholic drinks and tobacco products. The excise duty is payable regardless of whether they are manufactured in the UK or brought to the UK from another EU member state or imported from a country outside the EU.
This one day course in Customs and Excise is aimed at individuals who are new to or work with Excise products and would like to improve their knowledge.
- Goods subject to excise duties
- UK Excise Laws & Controls
- Import & export procedures for excise goods
- UK & EU excise movements via the Excise Movement Control System (EMCS)
- Excise authorisations for producers & manufacturers
- Excise & trade facility warehousing
- Alcohol wholesalers (AWRS)
- Calculation of excise duties & tax type codes
- Specific rules for alcohol, tobacco & oil industries
- Completion of excise returns
- Excise guarantees
- Company stock record keeping & accounting
- Risk management
Who should attend
The departments within a business that this course would apply to are:
- Customer Services
- Accounts and Finance
- Import Administration
- Human Resources
- PR and Marketing
- Technical Support
- Quality and Standards
Member price - £299 + VAT
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £75 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 10 points
IOE&IT Digital Badges
We have partnered with Acclaim, a part of Pearson, to provide you with a digital version of your course attendance credentials. This digital badge will contain data describing your credentials, the training course attended and how the skills you have now earned.
More information about digital badges
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.
Dates and locations