Most businesses involved in international trade will be aware of the need to comply with customs regulations, whether they are exporting, importing or preparing customs declarations.
Complying with customs regulations in the UK is a necessity, and one which requires knowledge and due diligence. Providing inaccurate values, customs tariff codes or Customs Procedure Codes (CPC) on export or import entries can result in shipment delays, as well as customs queries or inspections, which can have adverse consequences.
The penalties for non-compliance are often severe and can damage the reputation of a company with both its clients and HMRC. In this new era of global trade facilitation for trusted traders, compliance is also key in obtaining approvals such as AEO.
However, customs matters should not simply be seen as the stuff of nightmares; an effective customs policy can actually save a company time and money and improve cash flow, as well as ensuring a good night’s sleep!
Our Customs Compliance Healthcheck will help you reduce your risk and streamline your processes.
We get to know you and your business, understanding how you operate and the types of customs authorisations and procedures you could benefit from. Using our extensive knowledge we then propose solutions and recommendations to ensure your business establishes streamlined and fully compliant processes.
Our experienced team are ready to guide you through the whole process, supporting you towards complete compliance with the added bonus of identifying potential time and cost-savings for your business.
The Customs Compliance Healthcheck consists of a full day on site with an international trade specialist assessing your compliance risk, authorisation suitability & duty liability. This would include the following;
- Review of import & export movements and the main overseas markets you trade with
- Assessment of current level of customs compliance, including classification, valuation, origin, customs declarations & management
- Review of payment method for import duties & VAT
- Eligibility for customs authorisations including Customs Warehousing, Inward & Outward processing etc
- Eligibility for reliefs such as British Return & End-Use
- Review of applicable free trade agreements you can access
- Review of benefits of AEO to your business
Following completion of our healthcheck we will provide you with a detailed report including recommendations.
Book your check up today:
Call 01733 404400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
£1,550 plus VAT plus expenses for IOE&IT Business Members
£1,950 plus VAT plus expenses for non-members