Understanding international commercial issues is essential for developing a successful and long term international market strategy.
This two day course is ideal for all newcomers to export as it takes an in-depth look at all aspects of exporting, covering documentation and procedures, international commercial issues such as being competitive overseas and the importance of understanding culture.
Who should attend
- Ideal for all newcomers to export
- Those whose job has an export connection, particularly in administration and commercial departments
• Understand what an export is (both direct and indirect)
• The National Export System and CHIEF
• How to use duty relief schemes
• Understand the role of the tariff code and the importance of correct classification
• Understand how to produce the necessary documentation for an international shipment and identify where to go for sources of information and assistance.
• Use most appropriate Incoterm® for the shipment of your products
• Understand international payment methods
• Information requirements for a customs audit
• How to check competitiveness of your products in any particular market
• Working with freight forwarders
• Understand culture and the role this can play in helping develop your exports
• Finding, setting up and managing agents and distributors
• When to use agent or distributor agreements and the key clauses
The Presenter - Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx
Jeff has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. Since 2009, Jeff has worked as an Independent Export Adviser, and as an Approved International Trainer for the Institute of Export & International Trade, Chambers of Commerce, plus other independent training organisations delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade. Read more
Member price - £499 + VAT
Non-member price - £599 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £65 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 20 points
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.
Dates and locations
To discuss our training courses:
Call +44 (0)1733 404400