Internationally recognised as a mark of quality, an AEO certificate effectively demonstrates that your role within the international supply chain is secure, and that your customs controls and procedures are efficient and compliant.
Whilst not mandatory, the EU is none the less actively encouraging the majority of organisations who export outside of the EU to sign up to this worldwide initiative.
Post-Brexit, AEO certification will become even more desirable as an internationally recognised tool to keep goods moving.
The aim of this one-day course is to help you understand the AEO requirements and benefits that can be gained in achieving AEO status. It will guide you through the application process and enable you to help your organisation achieve and crucially, maintain AEO status. The course will also highlight the pitfalls that companies typically experience and explain how to avoid delays and mistakes.
- Introduction to the WCO SAFE Framework of Standards & AEO schemes across the world
- Definition of an Authorised Economic Operator in the UK / EU
- Post-Brexit implications of AEO / Trusted Trader status
- AEO-C and AEO-S & benefits of each
- Who can apply for AEO status
- Applications for groups of companies
- What to expect during the audits
- How to manage AEO status once obtained
- C117 & C118: How to complete the application
- Key documents required and how to integrate with existing quality systems
- How to meet practical standards of competence criteria
- Preparation & application tips including "What helps an AEO application be successful"
Who should attend
This course is most suitable for companies interested in applying for AEO status and also those who are already registered and due to be re-accredited.
The departments within a business that this course would apply to are:
- Export Administration
- Export Sales Administration
The Presenter - Holly Tonge MIEx
With over fifteen years experience working in the international supply chain, Holly has vast experience in project management including AEO, warehousing applications and compliance-related services. Holly’s background is in the freight forwarding industry which provided her with extensive experience of imports, exports, transit, warehousing and customs compliance. Read more
Member price - £299 + VAT
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £70 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 10 points
IOE&IT Digital Badges
We have partnered with Acclaim, a part of Pearson, to provide you with a digital version of your course attendance credentials. This digital badge will contain data describing your credentials, the training course attended and how the skills you have now earned.
Click here for more information
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.
If you are interested in becoming AEO accredited, or are in the process of renewing your existing accreditation, our customs and AEO experts can also help with every stage of the process through our NEW AEO Consultancy Package. Find out more
Dates and locations