Talking World Trade Matters: 'Opportunity and Risk in Emerging Markets'
09 May 2019
Our next ‘Talking World Trade Matters’ will take place on Tuesday 14th May at 16:00. We will be looking at the opportunities and risks of exporting into emerging markets beyond the EU.
Sign up now!
This webinar follows our recent blog about how growth in export opportunities is greater in emerging markets outside of Europe for UK exporters. We reported that:
- 70% of future world growth will be from emerging economies (Source: HSBC)
- By 2020 Asian economies will be larger than the rest of the world combined for the first time since the 19th century (Source: UNCTAD)
- Asia’s share of global GDP will likely reach 35% by 2030, equivalent to that of the euro area and U.S. combined (Source: Standard Chartered)
- 7 of the world’s top 10 economies by 2030 will likely be made up of current emerging markets (Source: Standard Chartered)
- Most of the UK’s fastest growing export partners in 2018 were from emerging markets across the world (Source: ONS)
Discussing how UK exporters can make the most of these opportunities will be Lesley Batchelor OBE (Director General of the Institute) and Brook Horowitz (CEO of IBLF Global).
The agenda for the call will be:
- Market Selection – where’s best for me?
- Risk Calculation – am I being sensible?
- Getting Paid – how do I ensure I get paid?
- Documentation – have I done what I need to do?
The webinar will also mention how several of our training courses can help businesses get the information they need to mitigate risk and export successfully into global markets – including the ‘Turning Risk into Opportunity in Export Markets beyond the EU’ course run by Brook.
Talking World Trade Matters is a monthly member-only webinar series for members of the Institute of Export & International Trade.