This week we spoke to Arne and Lesley about their landmark session on 'Learning International Trade' at the World Trade Organisation 'Public Forum' in Geneva next week. You can watch a video of the interview above or on YouTube.
We announced the session last week and are now delighted to announce the panel for the event:
- Rose Blatch, CEO, International Trade Institute of Southern Africa (ITRISA)
- Lesley Batchelor, Director General, Institute of Export and International Trade
- Hans-Michael Wolffgang, Head, Department of Customs and Excise, Institute of Tax Law, University of Münster, Germany
- Jan Hoffmann, Chief, Trade Logistics Branch, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Moderator: Arne Mielken, Young President, Institute of Export and International Trade
Institute members are warmly invited to come along to the session and also to send in their thoughts around the topic to Arne.
Full event details can be found here but the main things to know are that the working session is taking place in Room 4 at the WTO building from 15.30 - 17:00 on September 26th. The full title of the event is 'Learning International Trade: How formal qualifications help us reap the benefits of global trade'.
The IOE&IT will also make telephone conferencing facilitates for IOE&IT members who wish our session to join but cannot travel to Geneva. A recording of the session will also be available after the event.