Trade statistics show that the European Union is the destination for about half of all British goods exports. The trading links are bigger if we include the countries that the United Kingdom trades freely with because of the free trade agreement with the European Union. The task to reach a new trade agreement with the European Union following the "Brexit "vote will be complex.
This one day workshop will look at the impact of the "Brexit" on your existing exports and imports immediately and longer term and where to go from here to spread your risks.
Who should attend
- Any exporters currently exporting to the EU
Managing existing business
Communicating with existing EU clients / suppliers / partners
- Reassurance, commitment, informing
Planning for the future
- Customs clearance, tariffs, free trade deals? Impact on EU business
- Impact on non-EU business (free trade agreements)
Looking beyond the EU
Looking for new markets for your business
- researching using the internet and visiting a new market
- market entry planning
- marketing in different cultures
- languages and using interpreters or translators
Trading Blocs, Free Trade Agreements, Customs Unions, and Free Trade Zones
- Understanding the difference
- Taking advantage of them in new and existing markets
- What is origin, and why is it important, impacts on your business
Managing future risks
Mitigating foreign exchange risk
- Short term (during uncertainty)
- Longer term
What credit risk insurance covers and how to use it
Is your supply chain secure?
Impact of Brexit on suppliers
- Agreements with suppliers
- Customs procedures, tariffs, duty preferences
- Implications for transport and distribution
The Presenter - Mike Josypenko
Mike has been involved in various aspects of international trade for more than 35 years.
With a background in freight forwarding, Mike has also worked in export sales for UK manufacturers, developing new business streams in Europe and beyond, and dealing with Blue Chip clients, distributors and agents. Read more
Member price - £260 + VAT
Non-member price - £360 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £65 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 15 points
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.
Dates and locations
To discuss our training courses:
Call +44 (0)1733 404400