With the transition to the second stage of Brexit negotiations, discussions will focus on trade arrangements within the UK’s exit agreement, as well as transitional arrangements. This workshop will focus on implications for existing export and import businesses in relation to trade with the EU member states and also with the rest of the world. It is intended to provide exporters and importers with the knowledge to prepare for different Brexit outcomes, in the medium and longer term, and offers a checklist of practical steps to anticipate changes and take advantage of opportunities.
- The exit process and timescale, implications
- Current and future impacts, contingency planning
- Communicating with existing EU clients/suppliers/partners
Anticipating the future
- Customs legislation, clearance, tariffs
- Understanding the importance of the World Trade Organisation
- Regulatory and documentary implications, licences, inspections
- Other factors impacting on trade in services and goods
- The transition phase
Wider implications of Brexit for international trade
- Trading with the rest of the world
- Free Trade Agreements, and origin of goods
- Implications for trade beyond Europe and within
Securing the Supply Chain
- Evaluating transport & logistics issues
- Sourcing implications
- Minimising delay and uncertainty
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
- Supplier contracts
Planning and preparation for exporters and importers
- Risk analysis
- Checklist of factors to consider
- Risk mitigation
Who should attend
This course is applicable to all areas of international trade, to enable companies to be aware of the potential impact the changes may have and the best way to prepare for them.
The Presenter - Mike Josypenko
Mike has been involved in various aspects of international trade for more than 35 years.
With a background in freight forwarding, Mike has also worked in export sales for UK manufacturers, developing new business streams in Europe and beyond, and dealing with Blue Chip clients, distributors and agents. Read more
Member price - £299 + VAT
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £65 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 15 points
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.
Dates and locations
To discuss our training courses:
Call +44 (0)1733 404400