International markets offer huge opportunities for UK businesses. Finding and developing new markets for products is a hugely valuable avenue for expansion and in some sectors in particular, global demand for British brands and products makes international trade an excellent means of growth. Selling internationally is very complex but – as with most things – easy with help and appropriate training.
Live online examples are used to explain export procedures and how to complete export documentation. The course highlights commercial implications and why it is so important to understand these processes which will help towards successful and efficient global business.
Delegates attending this course will receive 6 months' free support from the tutor.
Who should attend
- People who may be new to exporting
- Experienced business people who may need to keep up with industry updates
- Understand what an export is both direct and indirect
- Understand the role of the tariff code and the importance of correct classification
- Understand how to produce the necessary documentation for an international shipment and identify where to go for sources of information and assistance
- Use most appropriate Incoterm® for the shipment of your products
- Understand the basics of letters of credit
- Understand the role of customs and information required
- Untangle the complexities of the Rules of Origin, how to comply and benefit from them
- How to successfully process and export order
- How export documents and procedures can reduce costs and increase sales
The Presenter - Jeff Lewis MBA BSc MIEx
Jeff has worked at all levels of business across a wide range of industries within the UK and International Sales arena. Since 2009, Jeff has worked as an Independent Export Adviser, and as an Approved International Trainer for the Institute of Export & International Trade, Chambers of Commerce, plus other independent training organisations delivering public and in-house courses on all aspects of international trade. Read more
Member price - £260 + VAT
Non-member price - £360 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £65 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 10 points
Dates and locations
To discuss our training courses:
Call +44 (0)1733 404400