Training seminars and courses can be accredited by The Institute of Export & International Trade, providing a recognisable mark of quality and credibility.
The Institute has established a system of accreditation of courses and trainers in international trade, with the objective of achieving a national quality standard of course content and delivery.
The accreditation process evaluates the course/trainer against our benchmark and provides consultant support to ensure that the course/trainer meets the Institute's accreditation standards. Once approved the course/trainer is ‘accredited’ and can be marketed as such for the agreed period.
Under the terms of this accreditation all training will qualify for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
The trainers are assessed using the following criteria:
- They must possess the relevant academic and/or professional qualifications achieved through examination;
- They must have the practical relevant international trade experience at middle or senior management level with proven experience in the training course subject matter;
- They must have expertise in training processes with proven experience in the design and delivery of export short courses.
The courses are accredited considering:
- Subject area and course content;
- Objectives and target market;
- Currency of course content;
- Promotional and administrative procedures.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Because business training courses and seminars are accredited by The Institute of Export & International Trade they will qualify for points under Continuing Professional Development (CPD) schemes operated by professional organisations.
Each training course will be graded as either:
- Entry Level qualifies for 10 CPD points per training day
- Intermediate Level qualifies for 15 CPD points per training day
- Advanced Level qualifies for 20 CPD points per training day
Delegates attending open courses who wish to take advantage of CPD should notify the host organisation at time of booking. The appropriate certificate can then be issued assuming the trainer is satisfied that the necessary standard has been achieved Those companies who host in- house training courses should notify IOE&IT of the names of delegates who wish to take advantage of CPD.
The appropriate certificate can then be issued assuming the trainer is satisfied that the necessary standard has been achieved.
Please note that CPD points cannot be awarded retrospectively.
Current Accredited Organisations:
To discuss accreditation of training courses:
Call +44 (0)1733 404400