Small Businesses Going Global Video Challenge
24 October 2017
Google has partnered with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the WTO to launch a video competition inviting micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to share their stories, through a short video, about how they have used internet technologies to participate in trade. The competition, entitled the “Small Businesses Going Global Video Challenge”, is the first successful proposal under the WTO/ICC Small Business Champions initiative.
The winner and runners-up will win a trip to a master class at Google in digital skills tailored to MSMEs, the cost of which will be covered by Google.
Aim of the competition
The competition is intended to help show how MSMEs can leverage internet technologies – such as cloud services, apps, payment solutions, communication and productivity tools, real-time analytics, translation tools and video platforms – to become global exporters.
How is it organized?
ICC and WTO are running the competition and will select the winner and two runners-up. These will be announced at the WTO's 11th Ministerial Conference in Buenos Aires on 10-13 December 2017.
How to enter the competition
Small businesses wishing to enter the competition should submit a short video (no longer than four minutes) shot using a mobile phone (or other device) that shows how they have used internet technologies to participate in international trade and reach overseas costumers.
Videos should be uploaded to YouTube (or another video-sharing site) with the tag #msmesgoingglobal and the link emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, age, nationality and contact details.
The video must be in English, French or Spanish, or subtitled in one of those languages.
The competition is open for submissions until 31 October 2017.
- The contestant must be at least 18 years of age, as of the date of submission, to enter the video challenge.
- The contestant can be either an individual or a team.
- The contestant must be a national of a WTO member.
- To submit a video, the contestant must be a registered user of YouTube or other online video sharing site. To submit a video, the contestant must already be a registered user of YouTube or another online video sharing site or must sign up for an account.
- Current or former staff members of Google Inc, of the WTO and of the ICC and their immediate family members are not eligible for consideration in the contest.
For further details, please read the full terms and conditions here.