Internationally recognised as a mark of quality, an AEO certificate effectively demonstrates that your role within the international supply chain is secure, and that your customs controls and procedures are efficient and compliant.
Whilst not mandatory, and with no current plan to make it so, the EU is none the less actively encouraging the majority of organisations who export outside of the EU to sign up to this worldwide initiative, which has been designed to ensure that international supply chains are secure and controlled from the point of origin through to the final delivery destination.
Post-Brexit, AEO certification will become even more desirable as an internationally recognised tool to keep cargo moving.
The aim of this one-day course is to help you understand the AEO requirements and benefits that can be gained in achieving AEO status. It will guide you through the application process and enable you to help your organisation achieve and crucially, maintain AEO status. The course will also highlight the pitfalls that companies typically experience and explain how to avoid delays and mistakes.
- Introduction to the WCO SAFE Framework of Standards & AEO schemes across the world
- Definition of an Authorised Economic Operator in the UK / EU
- Post-Brexit implications of AEO / Trusted Trader status
- AEO-C and AEO-S & benefits of each
- Who can apply for AEO status
- Applications for groups of companies
- What to expect during the audits
- How to manage AEO status once obtained
- C117 & C118: How to complete the application
- Key documents required and how to integrate with existing quality systems
- How to meet practical standards of competence criteria
- Preparation & application tips including "What helps an AEO application be successful"
Who should attend
This course is most suitable for new exporters or people working in export but who have never had formal training.
The departments within a business that this course would apply to are:
- Export Administration
- Export Sales Administration
The Presenter - Holly Tonge MIEx
With over fifteen years experience working in the international supply chain, Holly has vast experience in project management including AEO, warehousing applications and compliance-related services. Holly’s background is in the freight forwarding industry which provided her with extensive experience of imports, exports, transit, warehousing and customs compliance.
Member price - £299 + VAT
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £70 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 10 points
IOE&IT Digital Badges
We have partnered with Acclaim to provide you with a digital version of your course attendance credentials. This digital badge will contain data describing your credentials, the training course attended and how the skills you have now earned.
Click here for more information
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.