Customs Warehousing and Temporary Storage Facilities provide opportunities for the suspension of import taxes, which can provide huge cashflow savings for importers, or in the case of re-exports, actual tax savings.
This course covers all types of warehousing available in the UK which allow a suspension of import taxes, including customs warehousing, excise warehousing and temporary storage facilities, including the differences between such facilities, the benefits of each and what type of companies can operate each sort.
You will also learn about various options available when operating such a facility, such as CFSP, EIDR and inventory linking.
Facility security plays an increasingly important role in such applications, and minimum physical security requirements will also be covered.
The course will finish with an overview of the application process and considerations for any business wanting to apply for such a facility in the future.
The course will cover:
- Definitions of Customs Warehousing, Excise Warehousing & Temporary Storage
- The difference between an ITSF & ETSF
- Wharf approvals for ports
- Customs Comprehensive Guarantee for potential debts
- What facilities importers can apply for
- Customs Freight Simplified Procedures when used with Customs Warehousing
- Entry In Declarants Records when used with Customs Warehousing
- Excise Movement Control System (EMCS) & Excise Warehousing
- Transit Procedures to and from Temporary Storage
- Transit Simplifications available
- The role of inventory linking with temporary storage
- What facilitates freight forwarders & public warehouse keepers can apply for
Who should attend
- Freight Forwarders
- Clearing Agents
- Warehouse Keepers
Member price - £299 + VAT
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 10 points
IOE&IT Digital Badges
We have partnered with Acclaim, a part of Credly, to provide you with a digital version of your course attendance credentials. This digital badge will contain data describing your credentials, the training course attended and how the skills you have now earned.
Click here for more information
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.