As part of our commitment to build competence in British businesses, the Institute produces a series of Regional Trade Summits that bring together experts and leading authorities to speak on the key issues of the day.
These one-day events explore the increasingly complex international trade environment, looking at the many opportunities and a few challenges currently facing those working in international trade.
This year our Leeds World Trade Summit is taking place alongside Chamber International's 'Global Business EXPO 2019'.
In the morning, Chamber International will welcome trade specialists from its partner network across the world to deliver a well-rounded look at opportunity markets for UK manufacturers and exporters.
The occasion will further expand on Chamber International’s unrivalled reach across UK exporters and international export service providers, featuring sessions addressed by and for businesses from a wide range of sectors.
- One-to-one meetings with in-market specialists from several continents at this unique all-day event
- An overview of different overseas markets and the opportunities they present, with tips to manage risk
- Make connections and share knowledge with more than 150 delegates, trade officials and export support agencies
In the afternoon, the Institute of Export & International Trade will be hosting our regional world trade summit, bringing together experts and leading authorities to speak on the key issues of the day. Speakers include:
- Lesley Batchelor - 'Exporting is easy - when you know how'
- Andy Dobson - Sales Manager at Moneycorp
- Kirsten Toft - Vice Principal at Virtuso Legal - Brexit from the legal perspective
- Stuart Franklin and Arta Heath - Marketing Director and Managing Director at MyUKVisas
- Stephanie Holmes - Senior VAT Manager at Grant Thornton - 'Customs and VAT - what you need to know'
- Jana Horvath-Pocciova - Export Finance Manager at UK Export Finance
- Exporter Case Study Panel - Opportunities in Markets Beyond the EU
- Dr Evgeny Polyakov - Regional Sales Manager Middle East & Russia at Hayward Tyler
- Keith Jackson - Chief Executive Officer at Brandon Medicals
If you'd like to attend just the World Trade Summit, please use the RSVP link above. You can attend just the summit for free.
If you would like to attend the whole of the Global Business Expo - including Chamber International's one-to-one meetings and market overviews - please book using this link.
Prices for attending the Global Business Expo:
1. Regular Customers / Chamber Members who are exporters, importers, traders, manufacturers and producers of physical goods and members of the Institute of Export & International Trade £20 +VAT
2. Non-Regular Customers / Non-Chamber Members/ Non-Institute of Export members who are exporters, importers, traders, manufacturers and producers of physical goods £57 +VAT
3. All service providers such as banks, insurance companies, logistics companies, consultants, business advisors, translation companies and brokers £247 +VAT