Financing of international trade includes such activities as lending, issuing letters of credit, export credit and insurance. Knowledge of these processes is essential for anyone working in an international trade environment responsible for ensuring payment on time, financing and overall efficient trade performance.
This course evaluates in detail the instruments of trade and payment performance, such as Letters of Credit and Bonds & Guarantees, and how businesses can use these instruments as part of a Trade Finance suite to maximise business profitability and working capital.
- A strategic perspective on the payment and trade instruments of advanced international trade
- Letters of Credit
- Bonds & Guarantees
- Leveraging Trade Instruments to win export contracts
- SMART Exporting: receiving payment on time and in order
- Credit Referencing
- Retaining control through the export cycle
- Where risk passes in the trade transaction
- Maximising the working capital cycle in international trade
- The Supply Side
- The Stock Side
- The Sales Side
- Finance support from the UK Government
- The role of UK Export Finance
- Defining and implementing financial compliance
- Compliance with Trade Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering regulation
- The role and expectation of parties to the trade transaction
- Managing Financial Risk
- Financial liabilities that can arise
- The risk of non-payment
- Country risk
- Currency risk
- Project Finance
Who should attend
This course is most suitable for all people working in international trade that would get involved in international finance.
The departments within a business that this course would apply to are:
- Customer Services
- Export Administration
- Accounts and Finance
- Export Sales Administration
- Export Sales Management
- Import Administration
- Technical Support
Member price - £299 + VAT
Non-member price - £399 + VAT
Join the Institute from as little as £70 and save over £100 on your training course!
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is CPD certified - 12.5 points
Before booking please make sure you read our training course terms and conditions. Booking a place on one of our training courses implies acceptance of these terms.
The training course will take place at the offices of Arthur J Gallagher: The Gambitt Room, The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AW.