This 2 day course is an in-depth exporting course. It is designed for people who have some knowledge of exporting and who have regular customer contact, particularly those in administration and commercial departments.
The course will cover export documents and procedures, international commercial issues such as being competitive overseas and the importance of understanding culture and how this can benefit both parties in developing a successful and long terms international market strategy.
Key Learning objectives and outcomes of the course
• Understand what an export is both direct and indirect
• The National Export System and CHIEF
• How to use duty relief schemes
• Understand the role of the tariff code and the importance of correct classification
• Understand how to produce the necessary documentation for an international shipment and identify where to go for sources of information and assistance.
• Use most appropriate Incoterm® for the shipment of your products
• Understand international payment methods
• Information requirements for a customs audit
• How to check competitiveness of your products in any particular market
• Working with freight forwarders
• Understand culture and the role this can play in helping develop your exports
• Finding, setting up and managing agents and distributors
• When to use agent or distributor agreements and the key clauses
This course is CPD Accredited and attendees are awarded 20 CPD points on completion.
In House Training
The Institute of Export is also able to deliver this course on your own premises.
If you have between 6 and 12 staff members who would benefit from this
course you will find this a very cost-effective option.
Contact us on 01733404400 or firstname.lastname@example.org