IOE Teams up with Open to Export and easyJet to get UK exporters off to a flying start
29 October 2013
Posted by: IOE News
The Institute of Export’s Director General Lesley Batchelor is on the judging panel of vibrant ‘Global Jump-start’, a nationwide competition to help the next wave of UK exporters to spread their wings and grow their businesses overseas.
Spearheaded by Online exporter community www.opentoexport.com, easyJet and the Institute of Export, the competition enables UK entrepreneurs with an export start-up or a successful domestic business ripe for international expansion to apply to win £4,000 worth of prizes designed to accelerate and develop their growth plans. It also includes an easyJet flight to the market of their choice.
The five winning applicants will each receive:
• A return flight including all charges to any easyJet destination
• £2,000 worth of business planning support from an expert accountant from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
• An Institute of Export training course and one year’s membership worth over £400
• A one year subscription to Croner-i International Trade export legislation guide worth £1000
• An Export Communications Review by a UK Trade & Investment expert worth £250
Companies wishing to apply should submit the application form by midnight on Sunday 24th November 2013.
Ten shortlisted candidates will then be invited to pitch to an expert panel on 10th December and win over the judges in person with their vision, passion and commercial savvy.
The companies will receive feedback and advice from the judging panel which also includes Nicola Bridgett, Senior International Trade Advisor with UK Trade & Investment Ali Gayward, easyJet’s UKCommercial Manager and Paul Lewis, Marketing Director for MOO.COM – all of whom have considerable experience of running and working with successful international businesses.