Enhanced Open to Export website designed to assist new exporters
07 July 2015
In a bid to further help new and inexperienced exporters, Open to Export – the Government backed and IOE supported online information provider – has unveiled a major revamp to its website.
The not for profit social enterprise is dedicated to helping UK companies grow through export and provides a wealth of opportunities via its website for businesses to access free online information, support and advice on any area of international growth.
The recently updated site boosts significant changes to the design, navigation and content – making it much easier for users to find useful and relevant information.
The changes include:
– Simplified navigation which focuses on the five key stages of the export journey
– Highlighting the key considerations for small businesses at each step of the exporting journey, and providing carefully selected content relating to these different stages
– Over 60 new articles commissioned from leading industry experts (including Lesley Batchelor and Mike Josypenko from the IOE) – providing guidance on all the essentials aspects of exporting
– Optimising the usability of the site across mobile phone and tablet platforms
– The updated site has been well received by users with comments including:
“The new website is a huge improvement…It is smart, professional and informative. Congratulations!”
“It’s much improved…with a far more intuitive and helpful layout. It’s definitely a tool I’ll be recommending.”
Lesley Batchelor OBE, Director General of the IOE and Chief Executive at Open to Export said. “I am really proud of what we have achieved with the new Open to Export site. It’s targeted at the new or inexperienced exporter and talks in an easy, friendly manner. Importantly, we have a core body of content now that tackles all the essential topics these small businesses need to consider when selling overseas.”
The Ask the Experts forum and webinar programme will continue as usual.
Visit Open to Export’s new site for more information about the services that are offered.