IOE launches series of Post Brexit Planning Workshops
24 June 2016
Posted by: IOE News
Following the EU referendum, the Institute is holding a series of Post Brexit Planning Workshops to help you look at the possible impact on your existing exports and imports – both immediately and in the longer term – and to help you plan the next steps to take to spread your risks.
The agenda for the workshops will comprise the following:
Managing existing business
- Communicating with existing EU clients/suppliers/partnersReassurance, commitment, informing
- Planning for the future
- Customs clearance, tariffs, free trade deals?
- Impact on EU business
- Impact on non-EU business (free trade agreements)
Looking beyond the EU
- Looking for new markets for your business
- Researching using the internet and visiting a new market
- Market entry planning
- Marketing in different cultures
- Languages and using interpreters or translators
- Trading Blocs, Free Trade Agreements, Customs Unions, and Free Trade Zones
- Understanding the difference between them
- Taking advantage of the above in new and existing markets
- What is origin? why is it important – and how it impacts on your business
Managing future risks
- Mitigating foreign exchange risk
- Short term (during uncertainty)
- Longer term
- What credit risk insurance covers and how to use it
Is your supply chain secure?
- Impact of Brexit on suppliers
- Agreements with suppliers
- Customs procedures, tariffs, duty preferences
- Implications for transport and distribution
Priced at £260 for members and £360 for non-members.
The workshops are an opportunity for you and your team to think through what you want, where you want to go – and how to get there.
To book a place on the workshops, visit http://www.export.org.uk/shop/brexit-workshop
NOTE: This workshop can also be delivered in-house at your company’s own premises. Contact us for details.
Visit the IOE website for more information about our training, qualifications and business membership, or contact us if you have any questions.