You can become an Affiliate Member today from only £65.00!
Designed to help your career in international trade, create evidence of your skills and the opportunity to realise your full potential.
- Individual fee from £65.00 - £114.00
What do you get from an IOE membership?
- Letters after your name – based on your level of experience in international trade, the IOE award the use of a globally recognised professional suffix to reflect your membership level – e.g. Freda Bloggs MIEx.
- Careers great opportunities with thousands of jobs available across the UK and further afield on our Job Board. You can also upload your vacancies or your CV
- Networking IOE Special Interest Groups, conferences and dinners provide a great opportunity to meet other members to share experiences and opportunities.
- Communication to keep you fully informed we offer access to a wide range of publications:
Monthly subscriptions to: 'Trade International Digest' Croner, with its useful market and compliance updates, 'International Trade Magazine' and 'Freight Industry Times', with their wealth of information about international businesses and markets.
- IOE multi format 'Doing Business in' Guides all of which are designed to advise and assist UK companies when looking to trade with and invest in opportunity-rich overseas markets.
- Daily FX Bulletins
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) your membership allows you to register for our CPD programme to further advance your professional status and provide vital evidence to current and prospective employers of your hard work and competence. Following our CPD programme is also a prerequisite for listing you in our Find an Expert section on our website.
- HELPLINE best of all if you need help or advice you can use our helpline to smooth your way through any crisis!
- Discounts on our full range of training courses
- Access to a complete range of professional qualifications
Finally we offer a full range of discounts on insurance, legal advice, translation services, advertising in our partner publications and much more.
Levels of Institute Membership
Note: Some levels of membership require your details to be ratified before we can complete membership, once you have purchased your membership we will contact you to confirm any details we need. Any unsuccessful applications with be refunded in full.
Affiliate Membership of the Institute is available to those who seek to improve their knowledge and understanding of international trade and export management and administration. They receive the majority of benefits offered to other membership grades. You can join today using this level of membership.
Becoming an Overseas Member of the Institute is available to anyone not based in the UK who wants to benefit from the knowledge and understanding that membership of the Institute can give. You will receive the majority of benefits offered to other membership grades. You can join today using this level of membership.
Applicants should be at least 16 years of age. All students of the Institute are required to pass the professional examinations within four years of the date of their registration unless a special extension is granted. Please refer to the Institute's Professional Qualification Handbook for full details of the syllabus and regulations.
Associate Member AMIEx
By application from any person who has passed the Institute's professional examinations at the level of Advanced Certificate in International Trade (ACIT). Applications are also considered at this grade from those who have three or more years' relevant experience in international trade.
By application, supported by two referees, from any person who has ten or more years' relevant experience in international trade.
Graduate Member MIEx (Grad)
By application from any person who has passed the Institute's professional examinations at the level of Diploma in International Trade (DIT)
By invitation only, to existing Members who have made an exceptional contribution to the achievement of the Institute's principal aims. Fellowship is also conferred, from time to time, on Members who have, in the furtherance of the UK's export performance, demonstrated outstanding achievement, or have reached a position of eminence in their international business career, Nominations for Fellowship are required to be supported by 6 Full Members of the Institute and voted on by the Trustees. It is not possible to join the Institute at this grade.
Retired Members Retain Post Nominal Letters of original membership costs £36
Downloads for Membership
- Direct Debit Form
- IOE Bank Details
- To update your Membership details you can either complete this online form
- ...or download this form to print and send to us Update Membership Details
- Gift Aid declaration form